Where: Remote access. The internet is a beautiful thing. (But if you’re in L.A., we’d love to see your beautiful face!)
Approx Hours: 5-15 hours a week depending on time needed to complete writing pieces.
Timeline: January - June 2015 (duration flexible)
Enrou’s unique and competitive Internship Program is ideal for those interested in pursuing careers in writing, content media, entertainment, fashion, social enterprise, e-commerce, nonprofit management, and/or international development work. Through your daily work and special projects, you will have a direct impact on our mission while being exposed to all the functional areas of the organization. No coffee runs or dry-cleaning - unless it’s for yourself.
Derived from the idea of being en route toward change, Enrou connects and empowers people across the globe through the power of trade and storytelling. Enrou is a central online marketplace for a curated collection of fashion and lifestyle products that empower individuals through small business and community development. We inspire consumers to make a positive global impact through their purchases.
Working with us will give you the opportunity to:
- Strategize with Enrou staff to further develop the brand voice and lifestyle.
- Inspire the Enrou community by creating engaging content in the form of blog posts, website, and social media content.
- Drive social activism through storytelling and content creation.
- Publish original content through Enrou’s official blog, website, and social media platforms focusing on the impact of purchasing through Enrou and how everyday people can come together to build a better world.
- Publish original content on Enrou’s website including writing impact stories, brand descriptions, and product descriptions, fusing product with purpose.
- Contribute copy and design elements for social media content.
- Learn about the role of search engine optimization (SEO) in content creation and content marketing.
- Contribute to the distribution plan for original content across various social media and third-party platforms and media partnerships.
- Gain experience working on various publishing platforms and content management systems such as: Wordpress, Medium, and Shopify.
What we value:
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial, innovative, team-driven environment
- You are fueled by excellence and impact, and desire to grow
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to work individually or on a team
- A creative writer with the knack to persuade and entertain others with their pen (errr... keyboard).
- Must be able to get your point across in very little words (aka be concise!).
- Extremely attenttive to details (grammar fiends welcome!)
- Quick learner, self-driven
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong interest in global social impact, fashion, and communication
- Experience with blogging, social media, social enterprise, non-profit, and/or writing is a major plus!
Part-time opportunities, with an immediate start date. Contributing writer position can be remote. Will be responsible to contribute either 2 pieces per week, 1 piece per week, or one piece every other week. Please indicate preference in application.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. In order to be considered for this position, please include a resume, cover letter, preference of how many contributions per week you’d like, and 2-3 writing samples (attachments or link to your portfolio, website, or blog). For questions, please contact email@example.com.